Rufino Lomba is a senior consultant with Executive Alliance and has more than 20 years of experience working in Human Resources, Talent Management, Payroll, Time & Attendance and Information Technology and has held senior level roles in various HR functions.
Skill Sets and Vendor Experience
Rufino’s consultancy is focused on understanding and interpreting his client’s strategic human resource needs from a people, program, process and technology. In each of the above areas he offers services in HR strategy development, service delivery optimization, transformation and designs, selection and implementation of HR technologies, project management, lean process design and the design and implementation of HR metrics and scorecards. He has experience with a broad array of products in the area of HR technology providers. He has managed the vendor selection and implementation (project management, data workbook configurations and data management) of Global HR, Talent Management and Payroll solutions, including and not limited to: Workday, ADP Vantage, WFN & Enterprise, Oracle/PeopleSoft, Paylocity, Ceridian, VistaHRMS, SumTotal, CSOD, SuccessFactors, Taleo, Towers-Watson (Talent & Reward) and many others.
Strategic Planning & Technology Assessment
- HCM strategy development
- Assessment and utilization reviews of current applications against desired/required business requirements
- Needs assessment and vendor evaluations
- Prepare total cost of ownership models for current and desired technologies
- Develop business cases for the investment in technology and infrastructure
- Contract negotiations for traditional software, hosted, SaaS and outsourced solutions
Business Process Design & Improvement
- Design/Re-design HR business processes (Lean Process Design)
- Design and communication of new HR Service delivery models
- Provide objective advice on the identification, design and deployment of controls and auditing
- Facilitate a rationalization approach with the goal of standardization of pay practice, policy and process
- Project management of multi disciplinary teams
- Service Delivery Design and/or Optimization
- Design and roll-out of service delivery models
Rufino’s experience includes work with small, medium and several future 500 companies and industries including financial services, manufacturing, consulting, staffing, higher education, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, retail, non-profit and technology. Clients have included: Sunovion, University of Massachusetts, Simpson Strong-Tie, Textron, Watts Water Technology, Timex, ThermoFisher Scientific, South Shore Medical Center, Woodard & Curran, Haley & Aldrich, Aquent, South Middlesex Opportunity Council (SMOC), Pine Street Inn and many more.
Background and Education
Rufino has an MBA from Boston University, a B.S. from Suffolk University, and LSSBB from Villanova University, an MHCS and HCS from Human Capital Institute, a CCP from World and Work and is a candidate for the PMP from PMI.